Monday, 6 December 2010

Week14

12/Dec/2010

Finished my documents. Hope everything is fine. Once again, I checked the consistency of them and I also need to check other people's documents. It will be bit hard. I didn't think about this consistency when I started to make the first document so it may be bit confusing structure and format.



11/Dec/2010


Matching with requirement list, I added some UMLs which are still not yet created. I realized only reminder function is just as same as the beginning. We discussed a lot and lot but indeed, the system turned to be more simple than what we thought at the beginning. it might be because of the change requirements or might be we thought too much. Anyway finalizing (or updating) UMLs is almost done. A few days to go.



10/Dec/2010


After one day off, Back to the documentation. We struggled to create UMLs about 2 months ago because of misunderstanding of the concept, however, this time I feel it not such hard to create during updating them. One this is the application has already done. And also I understand the concept now. Hope I can finish it by tomorrow and spend some time to review and modify all document's consistency.


8/Dec/2010


Updating Proposal and Planning is almost done. What is left is updating Analysis. I have been trying to learn Rational Rose but not so easy and what is worst is the use case diagrams I created last Monday seem to be gone. It was OK yesterday but today it's got some problem and not showing. The reason may be because I didn't use the package so the same name of actor and use case repeated again and again. I have just got the idea of this package last night and I was trying to use. Anyway fortunately I already got copies of the diagrams on the document.



7/Dec/2010


In the morning, I couldn't focus on my work because of the visitors. For the afternoon final presentation, some of my classmates were preparing the server in our room. I don't know why the server is in our room but it is anyway. And as I anticipated, it was noisy and I needed to help them. I could have relax time in the afternoon meeting because we already had acceptance for our project last week but still it was good time to learn from others. What I have leant from this regular meeting was the time management. No one cares how much each team spend though we cared. So it often ended up with lack of time. Not only students, but also more likely tutors come late and even some of the team still need to present, when time's up, gone. This meeting is the chance to present what we have learn and share it within fellows and tutors. By managing time, all should have shared I believe. I have almost finish three of documents I need to create. I asked my supervisor to have a look on my documents what I have created so far and I was advised to modify some parts. I don't know the importance of the document in academic point of view but he teaches us the proper industrial way of documentation. It's quite good chance to know it.



6/Dec/2010

I am learning Rational Rose software because our supervisor advised us. It is the graphical modelling tool just like MS Visio but not easy to understand. For example, I still cannot fin boundary to use in use case. It should be there but not. Swimlane for activity diagram also. Someone knows? So at the moment I use rectangular shapes for them but it's definitely wrong.  And also I have been researching how to export ERD from MS SQL server to any other application. Because we have got more than 40 tables and if we view it with SQL server, they are too small to see. Or do I need to transfer it manually?

No comments:

Post a Comment